As 2017 comes to an end, I would like to Thank Sage from EverydayWanderer.com and the Leibster Community for this award!
This post is for 2018 nominations
Tosomeplace.com was started in 2015. It grew in 2016 when I secured my domain name and started writing my travel stories and itineraries. In 2017, I continued writing and also focused on Instagram (@tosomeplacenew) to share my travels.
Leibster Award originated in 2011 in Germany. Its an online community award meant to support and encourage upcoming bloggers. When Sage wrote a post about it,I think she nailed it with all the Leibster Award facts (and sprinkled it with her sense of humour). Read more from Sage’s viewpoint here
The official rules of Liebster Award are here
If you are awarded the Liebster Award, here is what you need to do:
- Share 10 fun facts about yourself.
- You can also take help of series of Liebster Award questions (to help you build your post)
- Lastly, nominate five up and coming blogs and multiply this blogging community and share the love <3
10 Facts About Me
- I was born and raised in a small town of Sibsagar in Assam, India. I moved to Canada in 2009 to pursue my Masters Degree and have been calling Canada home ever since.
- I have a MBA Degree and I currently work for a Federal Organisation in Canada (2017-18)
- I work long hours, but travel has a piece of my heart for ever. That is one of the reasons I started the blog and Instagram : to stay close to traveling and exploring, when I am not (and working)
- 2017 was huge for me, travel wise. I ventured to Europe and visited Germany, Austria, Hungary and Czech Republic. Also visited Mexico in Fall. 2017 was a celebration of #canada150 and we had a blast all year round – visited Vancouver, Saskatoon, Calgary and re-visited Banff National Park numerous times this year.
- I love photography and use my iphone and Sony a5000 (its powerful and lightweight) to capture my travel memories
- I save for my travels by cutting down on unnecessary expenses, re-use and re-cycle. I look up the destination and arrange with my paid time-off leaves and plan in advance. This keeps me motivated at work and also helps to stay focused on saving.
- I am currently learning Spanish and wish to learn to make macaroons in Paris 🙂
- I am a big foodie. Mexican, Chinese and Indian cuisines are my current faves
- I love long drives, walks and anything warm (like a warm beverage, warm hearts <3 )
- Travel sets me free and may be one day, I will do this full-time. Exploring and living everyday of my life, traveling <3
My Nominees for the Liebster Award
Eva’s blog ElectricBluefood.com– Is a great source of wonderful recipes. What caught my attention was her wonderful Ireland posts,they are so detailed and had so much history. Love it!
ThatAnxiousTraveller.com We share our love for travel. Great blog
Mia and I were connected on Instagram. Her blog seeyasomewhere.com is a great resource for SE Asia travels.
https://thatcanadiangirlsblog.wordpress.com/ Her beautiful pictures of Alberta and the Canadian Rockies are to die for!
Questions for my nominees
- Name the top 3 most beautiful places you have visited?
- How did travelling change your life?
- What is the scariest thing you have experienced while travelling?
- What is your biggest fear and what are you doing to overcome it? Did you overcome it?
- What/Who inspires you to travel this world?
- If you won a free plane ticket (return), where would you go?
- Of all the countries in the world, where would you love to settle in, that is get a citizenship and live forever? And why?
- Which elements of nature, are you – Earth (The Earth person cares about what is real, physical, and experiential. He/She learns by doing), Water (The Water person feels first and foremost. “Thinking never solved anything-only our hearts should be our guides!” He/She has a great facility with feeling; she is compassionate, caring, and a great listener), Fire (Fire people are impassioned, they are “on fire,” whether with ideas, goals, or causes.They are natural leaders), Air (The Air person thinks before he feels, and sometimes thinks instead of feeling. He/She is rational and often quite clever)
- If you had a time-machine, which era would you travel to? Or which historical figure would you want to be or meet or live with?
Note: This will be for 2018 nominations, starting January 1 2018
Happy Travels <3