If you are heading to Paris and looking for some unforgettable vacation ideas (the ones without the hassle, crowds, and TONS of planning), then take one (or many) of these hand-picked exclusive private tours Paris. They are an intimate and in-depth way of exploring this romantic city.
These private tours in Paris are a great way to learn about the culture and get acquainted with the various neighborhoods, especially if this is your first trip to Paris and if you didn’t have much time for research and planning. These tours are also IDEAL if you are short on time while visiting Paris and don’t want to MISS out on the major sightseeing landmarks and experiences. As you know, Paris is also about experience!
We have included some special “experience tours” like the Wine + Cheese tasting tour with an oenologist, a MIND-BLOWING all exclusive night tour of Paris, Seine Dinner cruise for a romantic evening and a private photo shoot for your vacation in Paris.
With these Paris private tours, it is a perfect way to get “involved and engaged” with the city of dreams, with a travel guide who has in-depth knowledge of the city and Parisian neighborhoods, and they would take you to places like the iconic Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Montmartre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Versailles and more!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click one of them, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you
Private Tours Paris – An Intimate way of exploring Paris
Here are some of the best and exclusive ways to explore Paris
|Paris Private Tours
|Paris City Tour
✔ Perfect for first time visitors
|Seine River Dinner Cruise
✔ Most popular
✔2 hour +
|EPIC Night Tour ofParis
✔ Memorable tour
✔ Instagram Shots
✔.50 to 3 hr
|Wine + Cheese TastingTour
✔ Our favorite
✔ Walking Tour
|Louvre Guided Tour
✔ Good value
✔ Museum Guide with entry fees
✔ 2 + hour
|Versailles Palace Tour
✔ Popular tour
✔ No waiting
✔ Day tour
✔ Half/full day
|VIP Michelin StarFood Tour
✔ Good value
✔ Food Tour
✔ 3 + hour
✔ Food lovers
|Notre Dame PrivateTour
✔ Site Guide
✔1.5 - 2 hour
✔ Families, groups
Paris City Tour (Walking) – Paris Private Tour with a local
Have you dreamed of wandering the picturesque streets in Paris? We did and we are sure you will enjoy exploring the vintage Parisian neighborhoods with a local. The Paris city private tours are a great way to experience the culture, and to get acquainted with the arrondissements or districts and checking off all the iconic landmarks in town. It is like having a friend in Paris – ask questions about food, nightlife or anything you fancy. These tours can be completely customized to suit your needs and are offered at a great price. Each Paris walking tour can be booked for 4 hours.
- Walking tour of Parisian neighborhoods includes iconic landmarks
- Can be customized as per your requirements
- Half-day Paris tour
- Click to view prices and review of the private walking tour of Paris
Best Seine River Dinner Cruise (River cruise) – Fall in Love with the city
Experience a romantic evening by cruising on the river Seine, which flows through Paris. You will be mesmerized by the illuminating lights on the Eiffel Tower, the Notre Dame Cathedral, and other stunning landmarks of Paris France.
The tour/cruise is conducted in a glass-enclosed boat, so rest assured, if you are like us and love to take pictures then you will capture some gorgeous views of the Eiffel tower and other landmarks (as pictured here from our cruise). There are options for cruises with or without a meal.
We recommend taking the cruise with a meal so that you can spend a longer time at the river (up to 2 hours), whilst enjoying a gourmet 3-course dinner.
This is a great way to spend your final night in Paris or to celebrate something nice or just cause you want to relax, and it is perfect for all occasions! Click to view prices of Seine River Dinner cruise here
A Romantic Night Tour of Paris (Night) – Comprehensive, multiple activities
This MIND BLOWING – all exclusive private tour in Paris is EPIC. It combines many tours together, making it of GREAT value. And to TOP it off, it is romantic, intimate and your only enchanting way to explore Paris at night. Seine sightseeing cruise + Moulin Rouge show + champagne included!
This private tour is the best value and combination of a city illuminations tour and Moulin Rouge. Highly recommend this romantic tour of Paris, which includes the following
- Pick up and Drop off from the hotel. Total tour time 5.5 hours
- Cruise over river Seine (1 hour). Sip Champagne as you sail under the Pont Alexandre III and Pont Neuf and watch the Parisian iconic spots
- See the Parisian lights – in Paris Illuminations tour
- Head to Montmartre – for a show at Moulin Rouge
Upon drop off at your hotel, a ½ bottle of Champagne is provided, for you to enjoy the rest of the evening. Highly recommend this EPIC Paris Private Tour. Click here to view prices and review of the night tour in Paris
Romantic Photo Shoot in Paris for two! (or four)
One of the unique ways to treasure your Paris memories is by capturing it. Get a PRIVATE Paris photographer who will take you to the BEST spots in town and capture those moments for a lifetime. Yes! it is your glam- superstar moment. Learn more about this tour
Put your best foot forward, dress up and go.
- Get professionally done portraits with a highly skilled photographer.
- Photo sessions are for 30 minutes, up to 3 hours.
- Customized to your personal taste.
- Access to an online photo gallery. Delivery time is 5 working days, online.
- Click to view prices for this private photographer in Paris
Paris + Wine + Cheese Tasting Tour – Private Tours Paris
Paris and wine go together, and wine and cheese go together. With so much ‘togetherness‘, this food tour is hard to beat. This private food tour is ONE of a kind. In this tour, you will visit a local oenologist – learn all about wines, and winemaking. It is a 2 hour tasting tour in a Parisian apartment, with an opportunity to discover your olfactory senses and TASTE 4 wines and 3 different types of cheese.
- Wine tasting and learning the process of winemaking, including different types of grape varieties
- 3 types of cheese tasting + learning about goat and comté cheese
- Learn about other cheese varieties include the floral rind cheese (camembert and brie), natural rind cheese (chevrotin and crottin de Chavignol), hard rind cheese (Emmental, comté, and beaufort)
- Learn how to combine wine and cheese (of different kinds)
All SET to impress your friends and family, with your wine tasting etiquette (and knowledge). Click here to view prices and review of the wine and cheese tour.
Montmartre Walking Tour – One of the best private day tours in Paris to take
Montmartre is ONE of our favorite neighborhoods in Paris. This arrondissement has the iconic Sacré Coeur basilica, the Moulin Rouge cabaret, and pretty cafes are sprinkled all over the neighborhood. Taste some macaroons, admire artists at work (at Place du Tertre), and enjoy a beautiful stroll in the lanes of Montmartre.
- Tour starts in Montmartre (metro station Blanche) exploring the neighborhood in 2 hours
- Get acquainted with the area and get your questions answered (we wish we did this tour, as we spend a good 40 minutes searching for Le Consulat Cafe, as it was further away from the metro)
- You will be exploring all the popular tourist spots in Montmartre in this tour including Sacré Coeur basilica (doesn’t include tower access)
- Click to view this private walking tour of Montmartre
The Louvre Guided Tour – Comprehensive Paris tour of a landmark
A must VISIT item in Paris for most tourists is the – Louvre Museum Tour. A must visit also means most of the time it will be crowded, no matter what time of day or year you visit. It is highly recommended that you book tickets in advance and online. Well, that is a given. This comprehensive guided tour of the Louvre is a COMPLETE TOUR. You skip the lines to get access, beat the crowds.
It is a guided tour so you learn all the history and interesting stories. Learn about the ‘Mona Lisa’; the ‘Venus de Milo’; the ‘Winged Victory of Samothrace’ and the intriguing history behind them.
You will also explore the Louvre gardens and uncover unknown gems like Greek and Roman antiquities (notable among them is the 4,000-year-old ‘Great Sphinx of Tanis’,) and other recognizable works of Da Vinci and Raphael.
The Lourve was the royal residence of French emperors before Louis IX moved to Versailles. Learn all about the history and what went into the making of the Lourve exhibition hall.
Highly recommend this tour to history and art lovers. After the guided tour, you can explore the museum at your own pace. Click to see prices and reviews for the private Louvre museum.
Palace of Versailles Private tour
From the Lourve to now Versailles – the LONG lines and wait are crazy! We started for Versailles pretty early and were still caught in a HUGE line-up. Thank God, as we booked a guided tour, as we were able to sneak in through the gates early, while others waited for their turn.
Highly RECOMMEND taking a private guided tour to Versailles if you wish to explore the palace interiors and learn about its history, without having to WASTE your entire day at the gate. We definitely enjoyed our guided tour. It was informative and entertaining.
In this private tour of the Palace of Versailles, rest assured you are not waiting in line FOREVER. Also, this is a half-day tour, so you can explore some other parts of Paris upon your return from Versailles.
- Private tour of Versailles, with pick up from the hotel and drop off, by a guide/driver
- Quick access to the palace interiors without waiting in line.
- Guided tour of the palace (I wanted to see the room where the Treaty of Versailles was signed – the one that concluded World War I). So much history in this luxurious residence of Louis IX.
- Ample time to spend at the Versailles Gardens. Stroll and relax.
- Ideal day trip from Paris
- You can also book a full-day tour, which includes Versailles and Giverny exploration (small group tour Paris)
- Click to view prices for this private tour of Versailles
Private VIP Michelin Star Food Tour
This is your PRIVATE GOURMET experience in the heart of the romantic city of the world – the Paris Michelin Star Food Tour. You will devour French Haute cuisines from 3 starred Michelin restaurants. This tour is led by a private guide, who knows all about the exclusive French cuisine. They will guide you from one restaurant to another. You will make a stop at the Eiffel Tower (and admire the Eiffel tower illuminations at night). Learn all about the French food culture and fun stories from the Parisian streets.
- You will be picked up in an AC car (and dropped off)
- Experience French cuisine – 4 servings at three Michelin star restaurants
- Benoit – a French bistro-style restaurant run by chef Alain Ducasse, holder of 21 Michelin stars
- Les Fables de la Fontaine – Amazing French cuisine served by the youngest Michelin star chef Julia Sedefjian
- Le Violon d’Ingres – Star chef Christian Constant offers a 2-course meal here with a dessert.
- You will explore with a local guide – stories, food, and wandering the Parisian streets
- Food + Drink (wine) + All the Fun
- Click to view prices of 3-Hour Private VIP Michelin Star Food Tour here
Notre Dame tours – Private Tours Paris
Note: Due to the devastating fire at the Notre Dame Cathedral on April 15, 2019, the cathedral is currently closed until further notice. Restoration work is currently going on, with hopes of re-opening Notre Dame in 2024 for the Summer Olympics. This private tour includes details about the restoration project.
This 1.5 hour Notre Dame Cathedral tour is perfect for families. It is an interactive guided tour, where you will learn about the history, secrets, legends, and mysteries of the very beautiful Notre Dame Cathedral. Spoiler Alert: You may hear stories about the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Notre Dame Cathedral is a very important landmark in Paris. It was the seat of the Archbishop of Paris in the 12-14th centuries. The interiors of the cathedral are stunning and are popular due to the stained glass windows – displaying a myriad of colors. Previously, binoculars are provided to experience the architectural marvels of Notre Dame. You will find gargoyles and chimeras which are mysterious, scary, and funny at the same time.
- Great for groups and families
- History lover’s favorite – as you learn about the history of the cathedral’s construction and the hard work and toil of the workers.
- Click to view prices and review of the private tour of the Notre Dame Cathedral here
We hope you found some interesting private Paris tours to consider for your upcoming trip. They are delightful and definitely takes the hassle of planning and organizing SO many details for this MUCH visited city of Europe.
If you are interested in taking guided tours from Paris to other places like Le Mont Saint Michel, Normandy beaches, Giverny, Disneyland, and more, read our guide – day tours from Paris for all types of travelers.
Enjoy your stay in Paris and come back with a truckload of GREAT memories.
- Get inspiration: Best Photography spots in Paris for your vacation
- Paris Trip Itinerary: Paris Itinerary and guide for 4 days Or 3 days in Paris
- Versailles Day tour guide: Our day tour to Versailles
- Day trips and tours from Paris ideas: Awesome day tours from Paris to the countryside
- Paris Weekend trips: Best weekend trips from Paris
- Get tips on Europe’s Schengen Visa here
Pin – Intimate way of exploring Paris Private Tours Paris